Cast iron seats with steel boards are increasingly specified to address vandalism problems. Although the seats can be cold to sit on, this furniture will survive where other types will not.
All three of our cast iron ended styles - the Georgian, the Victorian and the Grafton - can be specified with steel slats, in either standard or heavy-duty versions, with either Acrylic Coating, or Street-Tough finish on the boards. Click here for full specifications of these finish options.
The heavy-duty versions have an identical specification to the standard versions, except for having grade 450/10 ductile iron castings. When painted dark brown the steel slats approximately resemble wood visually, but have the vandal resistant advantages of steel. Both the castings and the slats can be finished in the same colour if required, to facilitate future maintenance, or to create a distinctive effect.
- Boards 80 x 40 x 3mm rectangular hollow (Grafton boards 60 x 40 x 3mm and 80 x 40 x 3mm rectangular hollow)
- Boards finished in Street-Tough as standard, or Acrylic Coating
- Boards finished in brown 08B29, and castings in black as standard.
- Eleven other colour options available at no extra cost. Also available in any other B.S. or RAL colour for a surcharge
- Standard length 1800mm, other lengths available
- Weights approx 1800 Georgian seat 148kg, 1800 Victorian seat 148kg, 1800 Grafton seat 148kg
- Heavy duty version has grade 450/10 ductile iron castings
- Georgian and Grafton benches with steel boards also available
- K5 (225mm long), K11 (400mm long) galvanised ground fixing extensions are available to concrete the benches in
- K2 rawl bolts, K4 extended rawl bolts, or K12 extended rawl bolts are available to bolt the units down
- Supplied fully assembled